Charged With Aggravated Dui In Arizona?
Driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs is normally a misdemeanor offense. However, certain factors could enhance your criminal DUI charges to Aggravated DUI's. The most common Aggravated DUI offenses are class 4 felonies. The factors that can elevate a DUI to an Aggravated DUI include:
- A third DUI within 7 years.
- DUI while driving on a suspended/revoked license.
- DUI while the person is ordered by a court to equip their vehicle with an interlock device.
- DUI while a person under fifteen years of age is in the vehicle.
- 1 to 3.75 years in prison. If you receive probation, you must serve a minimum 4 months in prison as a term of your probation (8 months if you have 3 or more DUI convictions within an 84 mouth period).
- $750 fine plus 84% surcharge.
- Assessments: $1500 to PCF and $1500 to PSEF
- An additional $250 assessment.
- The Ignition Interlock Device for 24 months pursuant to ARS § 28-3319.
- Revocation of Driving Privilege.
- Alcohol Screening and Treatment.
The penalties for the Aggravate DUI with the person under 15 years of age in the car is a class 6 felony and subject to lesser, but still very severe penalties.
How The Ramos Law Firm Can Defend Your Aggravated Dui Case
At the Ramos Law Firm, we understand that being arrested for DUI and the possibility of being convicted can be a very traumatic experience. As a true 24/7 Arizona DUI lawyer, Mr. Ramos will always be available for you and will make every effort to reduce the stress by regular and effective communication.
Paul Ramos has nearly 30 years of experience as a practicing Arizona DUI lawyer. He will conduct an aggressive and thorough investigation of the case including obtaining and reviewing the police report for inaccuracies, inconsistencies, and/or omissions of relevant facts. All relevant witnesses, including police officers, will be thoroughly interviewed. Legal issues or defenses often become apparent after the completion of key witness interviews. Mr. Ramos will vigorously assert any legal issues and/or DUI defenses on your behalf.
As a DUI Trial Attorney of nearly 30 years and Certified Specialist in Criminal Law, Mr. Ramos has extensive knowledge of the court system and DUI laws. He can develop the best possible trial strategy and defense and will handle your DUI case with a high level of personal service. If you have been arrested for DUI in Phoenix, Scottsdale, Chandler, Mesa, Gilbert of anywhere in the State of Arizona, call our office today for a free consultation to discuss your case and your rights. An immediate, thorough and aggressive investigation of your matter can potentially help to preserve or build evidence crucial to the defense of your Aggravated DUI case.